Credit Underwriting Review
Clayton's credit reviews can be structured to provide results you need to find the answers you want. Loans can be reviewed to any set or number of guidelines and reviews can be supplemented with updated credit information in order to provide current information on critical loan data.
Credit Underwriting Review Components
Our standard credit underwriting due diligence review can include any or all of the following:
- Comparing the loan file documentation to specified guideline requirements.
- Re-calculating LTV, CLTV, income, liabilities, and debt-to-income ratios (DTI) and comparing against guidelines.
- Analyzing asset statements in order to determine that funds to close and reserves meet guidelines.
- Confirming that credit scores (FICO) and credit histories meet guidelines.
- Evaluating evidence of borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the obligation.
- Examining income, employment, assets, and occupancy status for reasonableness.
- Incorporating updated data on occupancy, employment, income, borrower identity, credit score, etc.
Credit Underwriting Reporting
Clayton has developed more than 1,200 standardized exception codes to help clients assess risk at the individual loan level as well as across their entire portfolio. This exception tracking—combined with commentary from our underwriting staff—gives clients an unparalleled level of credit risk assessment.
To learn more about our Credit Underwriting services, please contact us today.